Penetration Testing by Cyforce
Extensive CREST accredited Penetration Testing services designed to expose vulnerabilities within IT systems and mitigate criminal exploitation.
Secure your business infrastructure, networks and software with Penetration Testing
Cyber-attacks and breaches cause organisations to lose vast sums of money, loss of valuable data and in many cases cause irreparable damage. Penetration testing is a viable method to help combat malicious activities. CYFORCE provides a range of CREST accredited penetration testing services that include rigorous assessments of your organisation’s network. This is with the aim of exposing vulnerabilities and weaknesses within your systems and their potential exploitation. The comprehensive reporting provided by our cyber security experts includes executive summaries and detailed technical recommendations to enhance the current level of IT security within the systems networks of your organisation.
What is Penetration Testing ?
A Penetration Test (also referred to as a ‘Pen Test’) is an assault on your organisations network with the aim of testing the ability of your systems to withstand a cyber-attack. The test is executed in an ethical manner so as not to disrupt your actual business operations, while actively identifying exploitable system weaknesses. Once identified, remediation techniques can be applied to address these vulnerabilities and secure your IT infrastructure.
The Importance of Penetration Testing
Penetration tests are a key security assessment to many organisations, undertaken at routine intervals and identifying exploitable vulnerabilities in complex networks and computer systems. The information generated from such tests can provide valuable information about the security status of a business and act as a commercial ‘enabler’, with a clean bill of health ensuring that new commercial agreements can be signed, and new ventures can be pursued with a high level of confidence. You will be safe in the knowledge that your organisation’s systems have been rigorously tested and with remediation of uncovered vulnerabilities that the highest level of security is in place to fend off cyber-attacks. CYFORCE will also be extremely well-placed to conduct any remediation work required to ensure your systems are as secure as possible.
Conducting regular security testing will help to:
- Ensure that your existing IT security is effective;
- Identify security flaws so that appropriate controls are implemented;
- Test new and existing software and systems for vulnerabilities
- Support compliance with relevant privacy laws and regulations such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act (DPA) 2018;
- Enable conformance to standards such as the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS);
- Demonstrate a security commitment to external and internal stakeholders.
Types of Penetration Tests
There are different types of penetration tests, all of which focus on various aspects of an organisation’s logical perimeter; the boundary separating a business network from the internet.
- Internal network penetration tests
- External network penetration tests
- Web application penetration tests
- Wireless network penetration tests
- Mobile application penetration tests
- Physical device penetration tests